Photographing the energy of dance; Helping nonprofits with mission, governance, conflict, communications
Job Photographer / Consultant to Nonprofits / Insight and Clarity
Lives In Peaks Island
* Photographer of the Bates Dance Festival since 2005, and at other festivals and venues across New England.
* Consultant and Coach, helping people and organizations find insight and clarity, strategy and direction, vision and energy
* Offering workshops on Photographing from Within, Askikng Great Questions, Art and Sprit, Finding and Telling your Story, and much more
* Board member of Creative Portland, helping to build the creative economy in the Portland area
* Takes pictures of dancers, weddings, births, fish, and other subjects of interest or amusement
* Frequent presenter at Pecha Kucha nights.
* Love (and photograph) dance of all kinds
* Always asking questions
Why did you choose Portland? When I was seeking a new home, I had four criteria (listed in no particular order) A thriving creative community, a great fish market, a lively Friends (Quaker) Meeting, and a good airport. Portland has all four.
Who are Portlanders you admire and why? Too many to list -- all creative thinkers with clear values, desire to build a better world, passion, integrity, and energy.
What do you like to do with out-of-towners? I'd lead them on long (or short) walks through our neighborhoods, engage over great meals, listen to what views and vision they bring.
Where's your "happy place" on the peninsula? There's not just one.
What's the most surprising thing about this city? That we have more restaurants per capita than any city except San Francisco. (I'm told that's true, but can't verify it.)
What's your favorite indulgence and where do you find it? Fish -- raw at Harbor Fish, or cooked at Street and Company.
I paint things that are important to people and I help small businesses get found online.